Moth Manor Cottage is a unique fly-in or drive-in self-contained accommodation situated in a lovely rural setting. The perfect spot for those seeking a quiet retreat.
A unique feature is that it is situated right beside Rangitata Island Aerodromes 1100m private, registered airfield. Aviators can tie-down their aircraft right outside!
The cottage was built in the 1920’s and has been lovingly redecorated in tasteful country style.
Features of Moth Manor Cottage include:
- Self-contained accommodation, right beside our 1100m private, registered airfield
- Beautiful view of Mt Peel
- Private bathroom with shower
- Well equipped kitchen for self catering and separate dining room with fridge/freezer
- Two bedrooms, one with double bed and the other with two single beds (Divan, camp bed or cot are available on request)
- Good quality linen supplied
- Tastefully decorated and smoke-free
- Pets are welcome
- A cot and high chair are available if required
- Serviced on request
- Cosy lounge with open fire and TV
Cottage with Tiger Moth and Runway
Aircraft Tied-Down Outside Moth Manor
Hallway and Piano
Local activities and attractions:
- The Rangitata River, renowned for its fishing, is within walking distance
- The Chequered Flag – Restaurant and Bar
- Hidden Valleys – Professional Rafting and Hiking Tours
- The Tin Shed – Souvenir, clothing shop and Farm Animal Park
- The nearest town is Geraldine – a lovely little village with banking facilities, cafes, unique shopping, a Movie Theatre, two golf courses and the Geraldine Vintage Machinery Museum—only a 15 minute drive to get there
$120 per night two guests, $20 per extra guest. Enquiries are welcome for longer term stays.
Visa and Mastercard are accepted.